KL25 pin finder

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL25 pin finder

erikmalund
Contributor I

is there a searchable document that list the pins as they are in Component Inspector e.g.[!] ADC0_SE14/TSI0_CH13/PTC0/EXTRG_IN/CMP0_OUT.

when assigning a pin to a GPIO it is a pain in my largest muscle to find e.g. pin c 0.  With a searchable document I could find that I had to look for ADC0_SE14 to assign C0 which would be a lot faster

Erik

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Monica
Senior Contributor III

Hello Erik!

We'd like to know how is the project going, any news?

Keep us posted! :smileyhappy:

Monica

0 Kudos

adriansc
Contributor IV

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no such document which list the pin assignments as Processor Expert does, but is easy to understand with some help from the Reference Manual.

All the pins are by default in its analog configuration, this for high impedance. All of them can be configured as different signals, e.g:

KL25 pin finder 1.png

Thus this Pin can be configured as an ADC channel or a Touch Sensing channel or GPIO or External Trigger or Comparator Output. All the pins have their GPIO function in ALT1 it means that in PEx format will be the second or the third; and the first will be its analog configuration, in this case it is ADC channel 14.

Regards.

0 Kudos

adriansc
Contributor IV

Hi,

In the Quick Start Package ( http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/software/board_support_packages/FRDM-KL25Z_QSP.zip?fpsp=1) you can find the FRDM-KL25Z Pinouts document which list all the pins for KL25 with their functions.

Or you can try with the KL25 Sub-Family Reference Manual ( http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/KL25P80M48SF0RM.pdf?fsrch=1&WT_TYPE=Reference%... ) in section 10.3.1 KL25 Signal Multiplexing and Pin Assignments. there is listed all the functions for each pin.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

erikmalund
Contributor I

Hope this helps.

unfortunately not.  What I'm after is "when trying to find pin x, what is the text at the beginning of the line" when assigning a pin to a GPIO it is quite a task to find it when the actual pin can be anywhere in the line.

Erik

0 Kudos