cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL15 unable to program through universal multilink

hardeepsingh
Contributor II

Hi,

I am programming a MKL15Z128VLH 4 using univesal multilink. It always stops in the debugger window and ask for connection assistance.

I have choosen KL15 in the code warrior and connection as PnE multilink as shown in the presentation.

Also i check the voltages at the following pins: Vcc, Gnd, SWDIO, SWDCLK, Reset.(3.3v, 0v, 3.2v,0v & 1.6v respectively)

On the multilink i have selected Port B :Standard Arm connections in which i have connected Pin1, 4, 7, 9 & 15 respectively).

Kindly let me know if something is wrong in the connection or on the tool side. I have not mounted any pull up on Reset or SWDIO.

Hardeep.

Original Attachment has been moved to: test-kl15.rar.zip

4 Replies

hardeepsingh
Contributor II

Thanks everyone for your support.

My problem is solved after I checked the options for 1) mass erase on connection, and; 2) Enable logging in the Edit tab under Debug configurations in code warrior IDE.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

please also check if u-multilink firmware is the latest version for Kinetis device. Please use "Firmware Updates and Recovery" tool to update the firmware. (http://www.pemicro.com/osbdm/index.cfm ) You need connect U multilink with PC first:

update firmware.JPG

0 Kudos

apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

please check this post:

Length of connection line for Kinetis L series debugging and programming

Just to make sure you rule out the hardrware connection issue.

0 Kudos

Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Hardeep

First, your project is correct. I tested on my board with ULink and it can run well.

Second, the signal connection you mentioned is correct.

So please help to check if your SWD connector connection is the same as our freedom board. If possible, would you please help to provide SWD part of your schematic? I will check it for you.

Hope my reply can help you.

Best Regards

Paul

0 Kudos