cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL03 IRDA support

Jump to solution
jammerl
Contributor I

I see a few references to IRDA/infrared in the KL03 datasheet, but I haven't found any detailed information.  Could anyone confirm if this part has hardware support for IRDA en/decoding and, if so, point me to available resources?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Johann,

i think that the KL03 supports Irda from hardware perspective. As you know that the uart transmitter signal has to be modulated by 38KHz clock signal for the irda protocol, for Kl03, you can use TPM1 channel0 to generate the 38kHz modulated signal, use LPUART0 module to generate the uart signal, the SIM_SOPT5[LPUART0RXS
RC] determines whether the LPUART0_TX pin outputs uart siganl or modulated signal by TPM1 channel0. For the Irda receiver, you have to design an external analog filter to filter the 38KHz moduleted signal and connected the filtered signal to CMP0 input pin,  you can set the SIM_SOPT5[LPUART0RXSRC] so that the CMP0 output is connected to lpuart0 input pin.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jammerl
Contributor I

Perfect, thank you!

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Johann,

i think that the KL03 supports Irda from hardware perspective. As you know that the uart transmitter signal has to be modulated by 38KHz clock signal for the irda protocol, for Kl03, you can use TPM1 channel0 to generate the 38kHz modulated signal, use LPUART0 module to generate the uart signal, the SIM_SOPT5[LPUART0RXS
RC] determines whether the LPUART0_TX pin outputs uart siganl or modulated signal by TPM1 channel0. For the Irda receiver, you have to design an external analog filter to filter the 38KHz moduleted signal and connected the filtered signal to CMP0 input pin,  you can set the SIM_SOPT5[LPUART0RXSRC] so that the CMP0 output is connected to lpuart0 input pin.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos