cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KEA microcontroller slew rate requirement

jeevanmahadevu
Contributor II

Hello, 

What is the slew rate requirement for input (GPIO, UART, I2C, CAN) of S9KEAZ128AMLK series micro-controller ? could not find any such information in the datasheet.

Best,   

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeevanmahadevu
Contributor II

Hi kerryzhou‌, 

Thanks for information, The port rise time and fall time refers to output port.

In our design we have series R = 18K and C = 0.47uF on the digital input pins which makes the RC time to be 8.46 mseconds, for rising edge or falling edge single is this fine for the digital inputs for detection of state change ?

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeevan Mahadevu,

You are welcome!

About the GPIO input rising and falling time, the data sheet didn't mentioned it.

Take the IRQ as a example, it just defined the min pulse width.

But don't worry, the input rising and falling time should just limit by the min pulse.

I have test the about 15ms rising edge on my side, the IRQ also can detect the rising edge.

You can see my test result:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

The rising edge is about 15ms, but the IRQ rising edge detect also can work, so your 8.46ms rising edge or falling edge single is fine for the digital inputs for detection of state change.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeevan Mahadevu,

About the slew rate, you can find it from the datasheet, the name is the port rise and fall time.

75.jpg

More details about the module time, you can refer to the KEA reference manual.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos