Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KE04 glitch filter

Jump to solution
jun1
Contributor V

Thank you for your help.

If the KE04 pin is set to GPIO output (GPIOx_PDDR = 1) and input disabled (GPIOx_PIDR = 1), is the glitch filter valid? 
This is because when I look at the input value (PIOx_PDIR) to check the output level of the output port, I think it would be better to have a glitch filter.

Thank you.

jun

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi jun,

According to the "Figure 11-1. Normal I/O structure", the input glitch filter will not impact the output value.

Normal IO structure.png
When you want to read the GPIO output value, you may need to configured this pin for General Purpose Input(GPIOx_PIDR = 0). Otherwise corresponding Port Data Input Register bit will read zero.

I'm not sure if really need to enable input glitch filter just to read the output value. This function is usually used to read the signal with external interference instead of the output value of this pin itself.

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi jun,

According to the "Figure 11-1. Normal I/O structure", the input glitch filter will not impact the output value.

Normal IO structure.png
When you want to read the GPIO output value, you may need to configured this pin for General Purpose Input(GPIOx_PIDR = 0). Otherwise corresponding Port Data Input Register bit will read zero.

I'm not sure if really need to enable input glitch filter just to read the output value. This function is usually used to read the signal with external interference instead of the output value of this pin itself.

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

jun1
Contributor V

Thank you for your reply.

understood. If the output port is set as it is, the glitch filter can be enabled and the output value can be input. Certainly a glitch filter may not be necessary to see the output value.

Thank you for your teachings.

jun

0 Kudos