cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KBoot stuck in bootloader in Linux?

joeygouly
Contributor IV

Hi all,

I've been developing my project using KL27Z on OS X. Everything works fine.

Today I plugged my PCB via USB into my Linux machine and it doesn't work!

It connects and shows up in 'dmesg' as the Kinetis Bootloader.. however it never gets out of bootloader mode and into my application.

Anyone got any ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joey,

I think I misunderstood your question and I feel sorry for that.

You can reconfigure the flash configuration filed through the approach.

https://community.nxp.com/message/347605

Have a great day,

Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joey,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and the opportunity to serve you.

I was wondering if you can tell me what kind of the KBOOT version you use.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

joeygouly
Contributor IV

Hi,

It's version 1.2, my device returns 0x14B.

Thanks,

Joey

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joey,

I'd highly recommend that you should choose the latest version —KBOOT V2.0 instead of the V1.2, as the the KBOOT V2.0 is verified on the Linux OS.

KBOOT:

Kinetis Bootloader|NXP

Have a great day,

Ping

0 Kudos

joeygouly
Contributor IV

I'm talking about the ROM bootloader, that is on the MKL27Z. Assuming it's really ROM, I won't be able to upgrade!

Will new KL27Z chips come with kboot 2.0 in ROM?

I got around the issue now by changing by FOPT settings to not always boot to the bootloader.

Joey

0 Kudos