K70 MSD ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K70 MSD ?

gpontis
Contributor IV

Hi All, I'm having some trouble getting a working MSD implementation running on a K70. I am building with MQX 4.1.1 and starting with the MSD example code included with this version of MQX. First thing, Win 7 does not reliably detect the device and format it. It will about 30% of the time. Once the K70 target has been formatted, then Windows seems to read and write the RAM disk without further problem. Eventually I would like to migrate this into a downloader for an FPGA image that will be written to an off-chip serial flash. It would be nice to present the PC with a pre-formatted drive, and maybe that would help avoid some of the startup problems that I am experiencing. AN4379 is close to what I want, only differing in the programming target. But it does not integrate well with MQX 4.1.1

Has any one got MSD running well on K70 with MQX ? If so, would you care to share your experience and some guidance ?

George

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
3 Replies

adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

you may find useful these threads on the Community:

Windows asks "Do you want to scan and fix...?" in bootloader (AN4379 on K60)

Any update fro AN4379 MSD device bootloader?

I hope this information can help you.

Regards,

Adrian

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. It would be nice!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I tested the example included in the installation folder of MQX 4.1.1 (Freescale_MQX_4_1\usb\device\examples\msd\disk\build\cw10gcc\msd_disk_twrk70f120m) on a TWR-K70F120M, I tested the same on two PCs running Windows 7 32-bit and have the same result in both: The device is being enumerated all the times I connected to the PC.

Are you using a custom board or a TWR board?

Regards,

Adrian

gpontis
Contributor IV

After looking in many areas I found that the reason that it was not working on my hardware was due to my having built the libraries with "low optimization" instead of "no optimization". This is on IAR 7.2

"Low" optimization produces a significantly smaller binary.

George