cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K65F and KV58F Crystal

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi,

I am using 50MHz on XTAL0 input and leave EXTAL0 unconnected on K64F, and works fine.

1. Can I do the same on K65F or I have to use 8MHz, 12MHZ or 16MHz on XTAL0 & EXTAL0? Why?

2. How about KV58F? Looks like I can use 50MHz because 50MHz is used on TWR-KV58F?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christie,

1. Can I do the same on K65F or I have to use 8MHz, 12MHZ or 16MHz on XTAL0 & EXTAL0? Why?

The K65F also support the 50 MHz external clock.

2016-05-05_9-41-06.jpg

2. How about KV58F? Looks like I can use 50MHz because 50MHz is used on TWR-KV58F?

Yes, the 50 MHz external oscillator can directly drive the EXTAL pin.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Ping,

I checked the data sheet of K65F(Page 118). It says:

NOTE

In order to lock HS USB PHY PLL clock and make the

integrated HS USB PHY working, external clock on EXTAL0

or external crystal connected to system oscillator should be one

of the following values: 12MHz, 16MHz or 24MHz.

So, looks like that I can't use 50MHz if I want to use HS USB? Otherwise, it is fine with 50MHz external crystal?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christie,

From the perspective, your understand is correct.

Hope it helps.

Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos