K64 on permanent Reset

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K64 on permanent Reset

ie714715
Contributor I

Hi! I'm just using a new board and followed the steps to use it for first time.  

However, once I connected the board to a PC running windows 10, following the steps on the box "HOW TO GET STARTED" it once seemed like the bubble level demo was working on it only for a few seconds, after that the only led solid was the D2, and then D1 started blinking occasionally. I disconnected the board and followed the steps to open the bootloader and load the binary file from SEGGER, but once I connected the board again, red led was solid and then I can not make any debug session using MCUXpresso. I don't have any external debuger either... 

The steps I followed are next:

1) disconnect the board

2) press reset button and hold it

3) connect the board and don't release the button, bootloader will appear

4) drag the bin file on the bootloader

5) disconnect the board

Using Windows10, MCUXpresso and FRDMK64

0 Kudos
1 Reply

nxf63973
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sofia

Could you please try the following steps?:

1. Connect your FRDM-K64F to your personal computer.
  2. Open the app J-Link Commander V6.62d                                                                                                                                                   pastedImage_6.png
  3. Make sure the connection with the J-Link was successful. You should be able to see the next message in the command line to confirm the connection.                       pastedImage_5.png
  4. Use the command unlock kinetis. You should be able to see a message confirming the unlock of the device.                             pastedImage_4.png

Please tell me if you still have problems with your device.

NOTE: Please watch out erasing address memory from  0x400 to 0x40C. These fields store the configuration of the flash memory, and change them could block permanently the MCU. You can find more information about this in Chapter 29 Flash Memory Module from the Kinetis KE1xZ64 Sub-Family Reference Manual.

0 Kudos