Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K64 SWD debugging with kds

Jump to solution
inderjitjutla
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm trying to flash/debug a MK64FN1M0VLL12 chip on my custom board. But I'm having issues flashing from file with KDS and the pe multilink. For my board design, I following the schematic of the K64F freedom board when in doubt. The only significant difference (besides not using the openSDA interface) is that I don't have an oscillator connected to EXTAL0.

I have a logic analyzer and the dio and clock lines seem to be working fine until the multilink tries to do an AccessPort write TAR with 0x20003490, it tries to do this many more times than on the freedom board.

Here's a pick of the schematic of the header I am using. The RST_JTAG is connected to RESET_b (pin 52). After reading some comments, I also added a 0.1uF cap to ground for VCC, a pull resistor to PTA3 (40k) and a pull resistor to RST_JTAG (5.6k). (Didn't fix the issues)

k64_swd.png

Here's the config for the kds:

k64_swd_config.png

Here's the error I get from

Initializing.

Target has been RESET and is active.

C:\Freescale\KDS_3.0.0\eclipse\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne_2.2.9.201512221411\win32\gdi\P&E\supportFiles_ARM\Freescale\K6x\freescale_k64fn1m0m12_1x32x256k_pflash.arp

Initializing.

Initialized.

;version 1.02, 06/02/2014, Copyright 2014 P&E Microcomputer Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. www.pemicro.com [mk64_1024k_n_pflash0_pflash1]

;device freescale, k64fn1m0m12, 1x32x256k, desc=pflash

;begin_cs device=$00000000, length=$00100000, ram=$20000000

Loading programming algorithm ...

Error! Enabling module timed out.

Error enabling module just selected.

Error loading programming algorithm - load aborted.

Error occured during Flash programming.

PE-ERROR: Error downloading to the device.

No breakpoints currently set.

Error communicating to target processor - try a RESET.

Disconnected from "127.0.0.1" via 127.0.0.1

Target Disconnected.

Target Disconnected.

Let me know if you need any additional information

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
inderjitjutla
Contributor II

Nevermind, it turns out there was some issue with the solder or the mcu might have been heat damaged, I had a second board and it worked fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
inderjitjutla
Contributor II

Nevermind, it turns out there was some issue with the solder or the mcu might have been heat damaged, I had a second board and it worked fine.

0 Kudos