Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K60FX512 problem writing to P-Flash

Jump to solution
juanandujar
Contributor I

Hello!

I have a big trouble writing in P-Flash. I am able to erase and read a section. However  I cannot write 16 bytes on a specific memory.

To erase the flash the command 0x09 is employed and to write the employed  command is 0x06.

I have read the datasheet and everything seems to be fine. But I do not know what can be wrong.

static void ftfl_command( unsigned char command, unsigned long *address, unsigned long data )

{

uint32 temp_reg;

temp_reg = FMC_PFAPR;    /* store present value of FMC_PFAPR */

/* Set M0PFD through M7PFD to 1 to disable prefetch */

FMC_PFAPR |= FMC_PFAPR_M7PFD_MASK | FMC_PFAPR_M6PFD_MASK |

FMC_PFAPR_M5PFD_MASK | FMC_PFAPR_M4PFD_MASK |

FMC_PFAPR_M3PFD_MASK | FMC_PFAPR_M2PFD_MASK |

FMC_PFAPR_M1PFD_MASK | FMC_PFAPR_M0PFD_MASK |

FMC_PFAPR_M0AP_MASK  | FMC_PFAPR_M1AP_MASK  |

FMC_PFAPR_M2AP_MASK  | FMC_PFAPR_M3AP_MASK  |

FMC_PFAPR_M4AP_MASK  | FMC_PFAPR_M5AP_MASK  |

FMC_PFAPR_M6AP_MASK  | FMC_PFAPR_M7AP_MASK  ;

FMC_PFB01CR &= 0xFFFFFFE6; /* Single entry buffer disable.*/

FMC_PFB23CR &= 0xFFFFFFE6; /* Single entry buffer disable. */

FMC_PFB01CR &= 0xFFFFFFF9; /* Data Cache disable. */

FMC_PFB23CR &= 0xFFFFFFF9; /* Data Cache disable. */

irq_desc = cpu_irq_disable();

while (!(FTFE_FSTAT & FTFE_FCNFG_CCIE_MASK))    

{};

FTFE_FSTAT = (FTFE_FSTAT_ACCERR_MASK | FTFE_FSTAT_FPVIOL_MASK | FTFE_FSTAT_RDCOLERR_MASK);          

FTFE_FCCOB0 = command;

FTFE_FCCOB1 = (fnet_uint8)(((fnet_uint32)address) >> 16);   /* Flash address [23:16] */

FTFE_FCCOB2 = (fnet_uint8)(((fnet_uint32)address) >> 8);    /* Flash address [15:8] */

FTFE_FCCOB3 = (fnet_uint8)((fnet_uint32)address);           /* Flash address [7:0] */

FTFE_FCCOB4 = (fnet_uint8)(data >> 24);    /* Data Byte 0.*/                      

FTFE_FCCOB5 = (fnet_uint8)(data >> 16);    /* Data Byte 1.*/

FTFE_FCCOB6 = (fnet_uint8)(data >> 8);     /* Data Byte 2.*/

FTFE_FCCOB7 = (fnet_uint8)(data);          /* Data Byte 3.*/

fftfl_command_lunch_inram();

FMC_PFAPR = temp_reg;

cpu_irq_enable(irq_desc);

}

Best regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Juan:

Command 0x06 is not supported by K60FX512 (FTFE Flash module). Instead you should use the 0x07 command (Program Phrase). This command is to write 8 bytes (64 bits) at once.

Also, be careful that the address at which you want to write data is aligned to 64 bits, so the 6 least significant bits of the address must be 0.

Regards!
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Juan:

Command 0x06 is not supported by K60FX512 (FTFE Flash module). Instead you should use the 0x07 command (Program Phrase). This command is to write 8 bytes (64 bits) at once.

Also, be careful that the address at which you want to write data is aligned to 64 bits, so the 6 least significant bits of the address must be 0.

Regards!
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos