cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K60 hardware question

Jump to solution
garylynch
Contributor IV

I have a question regarding K60 hardware.  Is there a forum for that? (I can't find one.)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gary,

I'd like to suggest that you can use the multimeter to check that whether the schematic match the board or not.

On the board, you can find the tags that illustrate the sch version.

IMG_20151201_100944.jpg

IMG_20151201_101005.jpg

For the SW2 which connects the PTE26 on the TWR-K60D100M board, it's available to configure the PTE26 as below.

PORTE_PCR26=PORT_PCR_MUX(1)|PORT_PCR_IRQC(0xA)|PORT_PCR_PE_MASK|PORT_PCR_PS_MASK;

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gary,

You can reply here with your question, I have moved your question to the correct forum.

Best Regards!

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos
garylynch
Contributor IV

Ok, I have a TWR-K60D100M-KIT tower system with K60 MCU. I am writing simple test programs and just tried to connect a bunch of switches to 8 pins I configured as inputs on port C.

I am accessing it via J8 on the primary side elevator board. I wired it by the provided schematic:

- PTC0 J8-66
- PTC1 J8-67
- PTC2 J8-68
- PTC3 J8-64
- PTC4 J8-69
- PTC5 J8-70
- PTC6 J8-71
- PTC7 J8-72

configured each pin as input, enabled open drain and pull-up resistors. I then threw my switches and read the results back via the KDS debugger, looking at GPIOC_PDIR.

The bits seem to be scrambled.

Is it possible my schematic does not match my board? If there are revision numbers on the schematic and the board, how do I find and interpret them?

Writing this makes me realize that 'open-drain' is a property of an output and is irrelevant to this application. This begs the question whether there are combinations of irrelevant fields in the PCRs that cause problems.

I can find no hint of this in the reference manual, however.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gary,

I'd like to suggest that you can use the multimeter to check that whether the schematic match the board or not.

On the board, you can find the tags that illustrate the sch version.

IMG_20151201_100944.jpg

IMG_20151201_101005.jpg

For the SW2 which connects the PTE26 on the TWR-K60D100M board, it's available to configure the PTE26 as below.

PORTE_PCR26=PORT_PCR_MUX(1)|PORT_PCR_IRQC(0xA)|PORT_PCR_PE_MASK|PORT_PCR_PS_MASK;

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
garylynch
Contributor IV

It appears my probing methods were too primitive as we don't
have a header that will mate with J8. Can you confirm my
measurement that these sockets have contacts on 2 mm
centers and accept 0.5 mm pins? (I intend to buy some.)

FWIW: I got SW2 to work some time ago with no problems.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gary,

The dimension illustrates as below.

265114199918367197.jpg

Have a great day,
Ping

0 Kudos