cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K60, LCD and Basic 3D

Jump to solution
weblar
Contributor V

I'm looking for advice and tips on how I can achieve some very basic 3D rendering with a 150MHz K60 which has an external 2mb SRAM and LCD display, both connected via the FlexBus.

So far I've found a number of tutorials for starting a software 3D engine however these tutorials are written for Windows applications and rely on huge frame and z-buffers. Obviously with the K60 and my setup, I don't have that luxury. I did find a tutorial on YouTube which demonstrated a spinning cube on a Texas Instruments processor using a very small frame buffer which I managed to get running on the Kinetis but I'm just unsure as to how this could be taken forward and developed.

Ideally, I would be able to allocate all of the SRAM space to a back buffer but as it shares the FlexBus with the LCD, I'm concerned that access time will greatly slow down the refresh rate - I'm hoping (more praying) for about 30fps.

Could anyone please provide any tips for any of the above?

Thank you in advance,

Kev

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kevin,

Like this? (Minute 2:12)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY-sQX0-Tlk

Best Regards,

Luis

This email and any associated attachments have been classified as

Freescale General Business

Freescale Internal Use Only

Freescale Confidential Proprietary

"All types of technical support (Schematic review, layout review, software review, hardware board and software) provided by Freescale Field application team are subject to Freescale's general Terms and Conditions unless superseded by a direct contract".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weblar
Contributor V

Can anyone help or provide any pointers with this?

Thanks,
Kev

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kevin,

Like this? (Minute 2:12)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY-sQX0-Tlk

Best Regards,

Luis

This email and any associated attachments have been classified as

Freescale General Business

Freescale Internal Use Only

Freescale Confidential Proprietary

"All types of technical support (Schematic review, layout review, software review, hardware board and software) provided by Freescale Field application team are subject to Freescale's general Terms and Conditions unless superseded by a direct contract".

0 Kudos
weblar
Contributor V

Yeah, thats perfect.

Do Freescale provide any app-notes or sample code which I could use for reference?

Regards,

K

0 Kudos