cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K22_120 VLPS power consumption

Jump to solution
peterrush
Contributor I

I am looking at two different members of the K22_120 family, MK22FN512VDC12 and MK22FN1M0VMC12.  As far as I can tell from the datasheets these parts are pretty much identical, except that the latter has 1M of FLASH rather than 512k.  Yet if I look at the VLPS power consumption for the two parts, the first has a typical figure of 8.7uA, but the second has a typical figure of 78uA, almost 10x greater.  I would expect the 1M part to have a slightly higher consumption because of the extra FLASH, but not that much higher.

Can anyone explain the reason for the large difference between the two VLPS currents?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Peter Rush,

Actually, There has a lot of differences between MK22FN512VDC12 and MK22FN1M0VMC12. Besides of the flash size difference, MK22FN1M0VMC12 has more modules than MK22FN512VDC12.

For details, you can refer to this post:

Kinetis K22_120 MHz devices

, and the according reference manual.

In VLPS mode, MK22FN1M0VMC12 is really have higher power consumption thanMK22FN512VDC12, this is just the design, you should refer to our datasheet value.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Peter Rush,

Actually, There has a lot of differences between MK22FN512VDC12 and MK22FN1M0VMC12. Besides of the flash size difference, MK22FN1M0VMC12 has more modules than MK22FN512VDC12.

For details, you can refer to this post:

Kinetis K22_120 MHz devices

, and the according reference manual.

In VLPS mode, MK22FN1M0VMC12 is really have higher power consumption thanMK22FN512VDC12, this is just the design, you should refer to our datasheet value.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos