Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K10DN32VFM5 clocking option

Jump to solution
Dan1234
Contributor I

Hello,

I am planning on using the K10DN32VFM part.

My question is when clocking with the 32 KHz IRC through the FLL, will it be possible to generate max Core/system clock speed (50 MHz)?

Are there any peripherals that require an external clock to operate or will they all work with only the clock generated using the 32 KHz IRC and the FLL?

I have been through the data sheets and believe that I can use the IRC but just making sure I am not missing anything obvious as this is my first attempt to use an ARM on a project and the amount of data I am having to read and understand just  to chose a suitable part is quite a lot.

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrC
Contributor II

You will not be able to use RTC module with only IRC. It always requires external 32kHz crystal.

Petr

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PetrC
Contributor II

You will not be able to use RTC module with only IRC. It always requires external 32kHz crystal.

Petr

0 Kudos
Dan1234
Contributor I

Thanks I do not plan to use the real time clock (RTC) on the product so that will not be an issue.

The K10 can be clock at 50MHz using the slow IRC and the FLL as I have found in the reference manual, so at the moment I believe I should be able to use the K10 without an external clock for the proposed project.

Daniel

0 Kudos