cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K10 Internal Clock Reference

Jump to solution
deelipomana
Contributor I

I am using MK10DX series micro controller. I want to use Internal Clock reference (either 32.768KHz or 4MHZ) to achieve 72MHz core frequency.

1. Is it recommended to use internal clock reference for generating such high core clock (72MHz)?

2. If using Internal clock reference is recommended then which mode should I use (FEI or FBI) if I want to use Fast Internal Clock Reference (4MHz)

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
deepakrana
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The use of the clock source will depend upon the tolerance in stability of clock that you are looking at. You can use the internal clock in your application if it meets your tolerance over the specified range of temperature your application is going to work in. Details on the clock tolerance/variance you can get in the electrical specifications of the MCG clocks in the device datasheet

For the clock configuration you will have to use the FEI mode and you will have to use the 32.768Khz internal RC. You cannot use the 4Mhz for this mode as that clock cannot be connected to the FLL module.

You will use the 4Mhz internal in VLPW and VPLR modes.

It will be a good idea to go through the chapter on MCG in the documentation http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/quick_ref_guide/KQRUG.pdf?fpsp=1

This explains all the modes in detail

cheers !!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Monica
Senior Contributor III

Deelip, how is the project going?

Keep us posted! :smileyhappy:

Regards!

0 Kudos
deepakrana
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The use of the clock source will depend upon the tolerance in stability of clock that you are looking at. You can use the internal clock in your application if it meets your tolerance over the specified range of temperature your application is going to work in. Details on the clock tolerance/variance you can get in the electrical specifications of the MCG clocks in the device datasheet

For the clock configuration you will have to use the FEI mode and you will have to use the 32.768Khz internal RC. You cannot use the 4Mhz for this mode as that clock cannot be connected to the FLL module.

You will use the 4Mhz internal in VLPW and VPLR modes.

It will be a good idea to go through the chapter on MCG in the documentation http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/quick_ref_guide/KQRUG.pdf?fpsp=1

This explains all the modes in detail

cheers !!!

0 Kudos