cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K10 Bootloader

Jump to solution
rogerpease
Contributor III

I'm trying to get bootloading going on a MK10DX64VLH7... the board does not have serial communication connected (it does have CAN and an EEPROM).

I want to be able to either communicate with a bootloader through CAN or pre-load my intended firmware upgrade onto an EEPROM and have the Bootloader process that. I've asked this before and gotten closer to the answer but still need some high-level guidance....

I looked into KBOOT and AN2295. It looks like KBOOT is more recent, but in looking at the supported processors it looks like K10 is not supported. I also tried downloading it and could not find a #define for a processor like it....

Key question: Does KBOOT support K10 processors? If not, can I leverage the flash update library from it or do I need another one? Could I use AN2295's flash library?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Roger,

As you mentioned above, there're no serial interfaces on your board, however the AN2295 don't support any peripheral interfaces except the serial interface.

So AN2295 doesn't fit your design.

The Kboot provides the BusPal which act as a bus translator with an established connection with blhost over UART and with the target device over I2C, SPI, or CAN, and assist blhost in carrying out commands and responses from the target device.

The Fig 1 below illustrates the role BusPal plays in blhost communication with the target device.

2016-01-27_11-12-12.jpg

The Kboot 1.2 doesn't support the MK10 now, however you can follow the steps in the Chapter 10 Kinetis bootloader porting section in the Kboot reference manual.

I've also attached the document.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
dudi
Contributor I

Hi,

Long time passed from this conversation, I have started recently checking how to perform bootloader for K10, 120Mhz or TWR-K60F120M EVB and i cant find any. There are references for other boards and chips but not for those.

Looking on the previous answer i understand i need to implement it from scratch based on this recommendation.

Regards,

Dudi

0 Kudos
rogerpease
Contributor III

Hi Dudi-

Just curious if you were ever able to accomplish this. If so can you tell me if you used another part's configuration registers or something else? 

Thanks, 

Roger

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Roger,

As you mentioned above, there're no serial interfaces on your board, however the AN2295 don't support any peripheral interfaces except the serial interface.

So AN2295 doesn't fit your design.

The Kboot provides the BusPal which act as a bus translator with an established connection with blhost over UART and with the target device over I2C, SPI, or CAN, and assist blhost in carrying out commands and responses from the target device.

The Fig 1 below illustrates the role BusPal plays in blhost communication with the target device.

2016-01-27_11-12-12.jpg

The Kboot 1.2 doesn't support the MK10 now, however you can follow the steps in the Chapter 10 Kinetis bootloader porting section in the Kboot reference manual.

I've also attached the document.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!