Is the MK20DX256VLH7 Obsolete?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the MK20DX256VLH7 Obsolete?

loren040
Contributor I

I can't find the MK20DX256VLH7 as one of the processors to build an SDK for.

Is this part going out of production or no longer supported?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

loren040
Contributor I

Yes, that helps.  Thank you!

0 Kudos

nxf63973
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marv De Beque

The MK20DX256VLH7 is still supplied by NXP and is an active part number.

Unfortunately, this is an older MCU and there is no MCUXpresso SDK available for it. What we can provide is this source code KINETIS 72MHz SRC. This includes drivers for the MCU modules and examples of how to use these. I hope it can be useful to you.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

0 Kudos

myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

Jose,

Could you please describe the process for generatng SDKs?  

The variations between parts is extremely frustrating - I'm working on a product that will use the MK22FN1M0Axxx12 (SDK 2.3.1) and I'm prototyping interfaces and software on the FRDM-K22F (MK22FN512xxx12 - SDK 2.7.0).  

While I acknowledge that there are differences in clocking and peripheral operation between the two devices, I would have thought that bringing the MK22FN1M0Axxx12 up to SDK 2.7.0 should be a fairly easy process.  I'm guessing it's not an automated process but I would like to understand what's involved and what are the plans going forwards to bring SDK supported devices up to the latest levels?  

Porting software written for SDK 2.7.0 to SDK 2.3.1 is a non-trivial process especially with the differences in the USB Device libraries and in the different versions of FreeRTOS that I am dealing with.  I should also point out that creating projects under SDK 2.7.0 is significantly more advanced with less follow on work than creating projects under SDK 2.3.1.  

Ideally, I would like to port the code to the previous product (so we have a common code base) to our MK20FN512xxx10 based product, that that is SDK 2.2.0 and has even more challenges in porting the software.  

Thanx for your comments and understanding of life in the trenches.  

0 Kudos

nxf63973
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Myke

I create a new thread because this was a different issue and to keep matters organized.

https://community.nxp.com/message/1321495 

Regards,

Jose

0 Kudos