Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C and SPI processor expert driver explanation

Jump to solution
tejasvi
Contributor I

Hello,

I am learning to program microcontrollers on K20-Frdm hardware and some K60 custom boards.

I have had some success with baremetal coding and I wanted to try out the processor expert drivers.

Where do I find documentation for the drivers? The generated code has comments but does not have great clarity on the functions and the arguments passed to them. I shall use the SPI and I2C functions to indicate the situation.

I2C driver:

CI2C1_MasterReceiveBlock(LDD_TDeviceData *DeviceDataPtr, LDD_TData *BufferPtr, LDD_I2C_TSize Size, LDD_I2C_TSendStop SendStop)

CI2C1_MasterSendBlock(LDD_TDeviceData *DeviceDataPtr, LDD_TData *BufferPtr, LDD_I2C_TSize Size, LDD_I2C_TSendStop SendStop)

Does the send block only send one byte? Does it send multiple bytes?

The same question for the receive block.

How would one use this for single byte/multi byte read for a device like MMA8451 or FXOS8700Q?

There are some example codes but they don't elaborate much on the documentation.

How about the SPI driver which has functions like

SS1_SendBlock(LDD_TDeviceData *DeviceDataPtr, LDD_TData *BufferPtr, uint16_t Size)

Is there a place where I could find some documentation about these functions

PS: assume I know very little about microcontrollers and programming. (I wrote my first piece of code six weeks ago!)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tej ,

About the processor expert , I recommend you use the "help on components" ( right on the component ->help on components), then you can see the view like the screenshot (1) below, in there you can find the introduce of all parts of configrage the related component, and also have Typical Usage.

About the functions you can find here(screenshot 2 and 3), there have the function prototype and introduce .also the parameters introduction.

I think you can find your need  answer on the two file(SM1.C  and CI2C1.c).

1.png

2.png

3.png

Best Regards,

Alice

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tej ,

About the processor expert , I recommend you use the "help on components" ( right on the component ->help on components), then you can see the view like the screenshot (1) below, in there you can find the introduce of all parts of configrage the related component, and also have Typical Usage.

About the functions you can find here(screenshot 2 and 3), there have the function prototype and introduce .also the parameters introduction.

I think you can find your need  answer on the two file(SM1.C  and CI2C1.c).

1.png

2.png

3.png

Best Regards,

Alice

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button.

0 Kudos