cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to program a kl03 board using SWD

gianlucacaligna
Contributor II

Hi everybody,
I'm developing a board based on the MCU KL03 that It would be able to be programmed by SWD connector and P&E Multilink Universal, but it doesn't work and it gives me this error:

Erasing.
Module could not be erased.
Error Erasing flash of device

Error occured during Flash programming.

WARNING - NO RESET SCRIPT FILE HAS BEEN CONFIGURED TO RUN!!!

TO MODIFY THE RESET SCRIPT SETTINGS, USE THE FOLLOWING MENU OPTION:

CONFIGURATION -> AUTOMATED SCRIPT OPTIONS

PE-ERROR: Error downloading to the device.

I can't find the error. I have just control the whole circuit many times because I take out the five needed pins ( VCC, GND, Reset, SWD_CLK, SWD_DIO) that are welded on a male SWD.

Below there are the circuit.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gianluca,

The schematic picture which you are attached is really very unclear.

Now, please check these points on your side:

1. SWD_DIO add 10K external pullup resistor

2. NMI pin add 4.7K to 10k external pullup resistor

3. Reset_b pin add 4.7K to 10k external pullup resistor, and a 0.1uf capacitor to ground.

4. SWD_CLK don't need to add external resistor.

6. Did you connect the correct wire sequence to the PE multilink, if the wire sequence is not correct, the chip won't be programmed.

7, chip solder temperature, the max data is 260°C. Don't be very higher, otherwise the chip maybe damaged.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,

Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

gianlucacaligna
Contributor II

Hi, 

thank you for your answer! I have checked everything and I missed only the second point. What is it the external pull up resistor on NMI pin?

Have a great day.
Gianluca

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gianluca,

Because the NMI internal pullup is weak,  it is better to add the external 4.7K to 10K pullup resistor in this pin.

You can use a 10K resistor between NMI pin and VDD.

Please try it on your side.

Any question, just let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

gianlucacaligna
Contributor II

Hi Kerry,
thank you for your suggestion and information. Unfortunately it doesn't work. I think is for either the soldering method or the SWD adptator. I'm thinking about another PCB more simple than this. 

Thank you.
Have a great day.
Gianluca.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gianluca,

Your Schematic picture is really not clear, I can't check it, please give me a more clear picture.

You must make sure the SWD wire sequence is correctly connected to the P&E multilink tool.

The following picture is from P&E multilink:

pastedImage_1.png

If you are using PORT G, please check the wire, is that correct to your mcu pin?

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

0 Kudos