cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable Mass Erase from Secure State

sonkiet
Contributor I

Hi all,

When I started new project with IAR and load a simple program LED blink to TWR-K60N512, the Kinetis K60 ran into secure state. Unfortunately, the flash is being config as Mass Erase Dissable. I found the way to recover the MCU to normal state but not success. Do anyone has the solution to get out secure state with mass erase dissable?

Please help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

dhaval_v_shah
Contributor III

Hi,

Mass Erase Disable has no effect till Flash security is enabled. If Flash security is in secured state and Mass Erase is Disabled there is no way to unsecure device.

You may have to replace IC on board.

d2v0

0 Kudos

sonkiet
Contributor I

Thanks d2v0.

It's look like I have to stop my project for a period of time because no IC available @ my location now, and not easy to replace the IC. The best way is have to order new board. How Freescale and IAR let this problem occurred, it is very critical.... Why don't have the hardware method to reboot and erase all chip without replace IC?

Thanks,

Kiet

0 Kudos

dhaval_v_shah
Contributor III

I do agree with you Kiet. There has to be a way to recover the board atleast for the boards designed for development purpose.

I am also having one locked board lying on my desk. This one got locked when trying a demo code with IAR.

IAR doesn't seems to be a mature tool chain, I use Keil and they have handled locking bits very well.

d2v0

0 Kudos

dhaval_v_shah
Contributor III

Hi,

This link may help.

http://supp.iar.com/Support/?note=77989

Regards,

d2v0

0 Kudos