Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Revert back FRDM-kl25z

Jump to solution
rutvijtrivedi
Contributor III

Hi all,

I need a help .

I have two freescale FRDM-KL25Z boards and i have downloaded Kinetis_Bootloader_1_1_0 source code.

i followed "Demo Applications User-s Guide for the Kinetis KL25Z Platforms.pdf" guide to install bootloader and demo application , previously it was working fine but suddenly it has stopped working.

I tried to revert it back by going into bootloader mode by pressing reset button and placed "MSD-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v105.SDA" from quick start package in and then in application mode (kl25z-mass storage mode) i placed  FRDM_KL25Z_OOBE_Demo.srec but still board dosnt work.

So now i want to revert back my boards as a fresh start. So please suggest me some to do that.

Any help would be great appreciable.

Thank you .

Regards,

Rutvij.

Tags (3)
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rutvij Trivedi:

The SDA file you tried to load is very old (v105). Try updating your board to the latest versions of both: bootloader and application. I'm talking about OpenSDA bootloader + OpenSDA application, not about Kinetis Bootloader.

Colleague Erich Styger has a very good tutorial for this purpose. Please read it and follow the instructions carefully, especially if your computer has Windows 8.x:

Illustrated Step-by-Step Instructions: Updating the Freescale Freedom Board Firmware | MCU on Eclips...

With this your FRDM-KL25Z board should be working normally.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rutvij Trivedi:

The SDA file you tried to load is very old (v105). Try updating your board to the latest versions of both: bootloader and application. I'm talking about OpenSDA bootloader + OpenSDA application, not about Kinetis Bootloader.

Colleague Erich Styger has a very good tutorial for this purpose. Please read it and follow the instructions carefully, especially if your computer has Windows 8.x:

Illustrated Step-by-Step Instructions: Updating the Freescale Freedom Board Firmware | MCU on Eclips...

With this your FRDM-KL25Z board should be working normally.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

rutvijtrivedi
Contributor III

Hi Jorge Gonzalez,

Thank you for your valuable quick response .

We gone through the steps described in the above suggested guide and we successfully revert FRDM-KL25Z.

Regards,

Rutvij.