How To Configure KDS to Use External Clock?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Configure KDS to Use External Clock?

chaodong
Contributor I

We encountered a problem in using external clock in KDS2.0 for KEA128. We tried on TRK-KEA128 board with both external crystal and external reference clock settings, but both do not work in a new KDS project with only a KEA128 CPU in.

With external crystal settings, the test code (auto generated main()) halts at checking whether the clock is running in CPU_Init(), and the voltages on PTB6 and PTB7 are both zero, no clock waveform can be seen at all.

While with external refernce clock settings, we removed the 2 resistors connecting the crystal to the CPU, and made the crystal generate 8MHz clock waveform with necessary resistors and capacitors, the 8MHz clock waveform was generated correctly and be fed into EXTAL pin, however the same code halts at checking whether there is an external reference clock in CPU_Init().

Please could anyone tell us how to configure the external clock in KDS.

There are some pictures for configurations of external crystal here: Please Help To Get CAN Work With 2 TRK-KEA128 Boards Connected Together With CAN BUS

Thanks in advance.

Chao

0 Kudos
2 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chao Dong,

Your KDS version is too low now, please download KDS3.0, then try again.

I use KDS3.0 and TRK-KEA128, sch-28200 rev D, the onboard crystal circuit is like following:

66.jpg

Then I create a KDS 3.0 KEA PE project, and it can works ok, you can check the attachment.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

Can you send a zipped file of the same project????

0 Kudos