Help with a FRDM-KL25Z file download problem?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with a FRDM-KL25Z file download problem?

charlespalmer
Contributor I

I am having trouble copying files to my FRDM-KL25Z boards. When it works a dialog box briefly appears saying "Copying 1 item" and the transfer is successful and the program starts running. In the failure mode the dialog box does not appear, the file name appears instantly in the FRDM-KL25Z Windows Explorer window, and the small LED associated with the OpenSDA interface flashes quickly - 7 or 8 flashes and a pause - repeatedly.

This behaviour is intermittent. I cannot see a pattern. I get the same result with several FRDM boards, with two laptops (both Windows 7). I have the latest PE Micro OpenSDA firmware loaded and the latest USB drivers on both machines.

I believe the FRDM-KL25Z hardware is working as (a) the boards always enumerate as FRDM-KL25Z disk drives, (b) I have no trouble updating OpenSDA firmware and (c) even if the download fails the previously loaded KL25Z

firmware continues to run.

It feels like a device driver fault or a USB fault, or perhaps a fault with the connection between the two processors on the FRDM board. Has anyone else seen this problem? How do I fix it? Help!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

it could be multiple reasons, the ones I have seen the most are:

- Win 8.x (but you say you are using Win7, so this should be fine)

- virus scanner

- using of a file commander/accelerator ==> use the DOS shell copy command instead.

see FRDM Board not responding? Check your Virus Scanner! | MCU on Eclipse

0 Kudos