cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeRTOS for FRDM-KV31F Board

talledo
Contributor I

Hi

I am trying to create a new Project on MCUExpresso for the FRDM-KV31F board with FreeRTOS  but that option under OS is not available.

Looks like the KV31Fxx MCU is supported and able to run FreeRTOS.

Any suggestions to incoportate FreeRTOS on a new project for this MCU?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

dthompson
Contributor II

Sebastian,

When I use the online sdk builder and specify the MKV31F256xxx12 part and select the Amazon-FreeRTOS component, download, drop the "new" sdk on the Installed SDK tab, I am not given the Amazon-FreeRTOS option under the Configure the project Operating Systems tab. Only baremetal is available.

I do not believe the freeRTOS component is being included in the MKV31F256xxx12 sdk. Please advise on how to remedy this.

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

Could you please try deleting the SDK from MCUXpresso by right-clicking it in the "Installed SDKs" panel and clicking "Delete", and the re-importing the newly generated SDK with FreeRTOS included? Also, please make sure that no other versions of the KV31's SDK are installed.

Please let me know if you still don't see the option for FreeRTOS.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jean, I hope you're doing well!

Could you please try rebuilding your SDK from the SDK builder with the Amazon FreeRTOS middleware component selected?

pastedImage_2.png

After re-downloading the SDK, could you please try installing the newly generated SDK, and trying to select FreeRTOS as an option when creating your project?

Please let me know if you still have issues.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos