Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash programming for production

leslieyang0509
Contributor II

Hi,

Here is my approach that I'm using now to program code into MCU internal flash:

(1) Build the bootloader project (in CW10.4)

(2) Run "Debug" bootloader project

(3) Disconnect CE10.4 and target device(P&E multi-link)

(4) Connect target device with PC via USB cable

(5) Targer device look as a mass storage from PC

(6) Build the application project and generate .S19 file

(7) Copy .S19 file from PC to mass storage

(8) Power recycle the target device

I am search for another approach to program the bootloader and application code into MCU interanl flash.

The application note "AN3967_How_to_write_Flash_Programming_Applets.pdf" looks good, but there is not "HC08" or "RS08" directory under "{CodeWarriorInstallDir}\MCU\bin\plugins\support\Flash_Programmer\".

Maybe it is because I only chose "Kinetis" during install CW10.4?

Is there another approach to program the code info MCU flash?

Thank you.

Leslie

----

IDE: CodeWarrior 10.4

MQX 4.0

MCU: PK60DN512VLL10

MASK: 2N22D

MCU: MK60DN512VLL10

MASK: 4N22D

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

CodeWarrior software provide Flash Programmer tool to program target image to Kinetis Flash.

You can refer my attached video file about how to use Flash programmer tool.

Wish it hleps.

dieterteuchert
Contributor IV

Today i looked at EZPORT feature. If your device has EZPORT, it appears to be simple and safe. Also it can resolve some of the problems with other methods, like secured devices or devices where the bootloader fails because of missing clock or reset problems. Should be a good exercise to convert a FRDM board into an EZPORT link, so you can use EZPORT through the USB-CDC host interface.

RuiFaria
Contributor III

Hi,

What is the best solution to flash programming Kinetis in Production?

Thanks,

Rui Faria

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In manufactory, customer can select below tools for Kinetis product programming:

P&E Cyclone MAX tool:

http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=145

P&E Cyclone for ARM devices:

http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320155

HI-LO SYSTEMS ALL-100A Gang programmer:

http://www.hilosystems.com.tw/en/hilo_products/ALL-100A.aspx

Xeltek SUPERPRO/7000 programmer:

http://www.xeltek.com.cn/sp7000.html

Wish it helps.

Best regards,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

RuiFaria
Contributor III

Hello,

Thank you for the attention.

we don't have a mass production, let me ask again.

What is the easier and cheapest solution to flash programming Kinetis in Production?

In development we use Multilink Universal, can't we use it also in Production?

Thanks,

Rui Faria

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

If there only with few mount product programming requirement, customer can select to use P&E Multilink Universal tool.

Customer can select to use P&E Cyclone Max tool, which support standalone programming, no need PC on site.

Wish it helps.

Best regards,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

RuiFaria
Contributor III

Hi Ma Hui,

Which software do i need to use with P&E Multilink Universal tool?

I would like to develop my "user-friendly" application and it runs a thirdparty tool (FLASH utility/tool) by command-line or something hidden from the user.

As always we would like use freeware software or the cheapest. :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Rui Faria

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Faria,

So far, in debug phase, it could use IDE software, such as CodeWarrior/IAR using P&E Multilink Universal tool.

While, in manufactory phase, a free and easy operation software seems no.

You can select to use P&E's PROG for ARM Cortex Processors software, more detailed info, please check below link:

P&E Microcomputer Systems - PROG for ARM® Cortex™ Processors - Kinetis Flash Programmer Software - K...

Wish it helps.

Best regards,
Ma Hui

0 Kudos

RuiFaria
Contributor III

Hi Ma Hui,

Thanks for your attention.

I already tried to get a trial version of Prog for ARM to test before buy it but it isn't available for Multilink Universal.

Regards,

Rui Faria

0 Kudos

takaoyamada
Contributor IV

Greetings,

P&E does not have a trial version of PROG for ARM Kinetis or any free solutions. If your setup worked in Codewarrior debugging with the multilink, then PROG will work without a problem. This is because P&E's PROG is what is running in the background programming your chip.

I agree that your cheapest solution to getting a production line programming at low volume is to use the multilink universal with the PROG software. The great thing about purchasing the PROG software is that it comes with a command-line programmer (CPROG). PROG is a UI that must be done step-by-step by clicking and selecting file and commands, while CPROG can be used to automate and speed up the programming process by running a batch file. We always advise to make sure your setup works fine in PROG before trying to automate the process in CPROG.

P&E's technical support staff can help you in getting the PROG and CPROG software to work with your setup.

Takao Yamada

P&E Microcomputer Systems

0 Kudos