Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash block question on MK60FN1M0VLQ12?

Jump to solution
danielchai
Senior Contributor I

Hi All,

Now I am planning to do a boot-loader on MK60FN1M0VLQ12.

When I read the reference manual for it, it said that "For devices with program flash only: 4 blocks of program flash consisting of 4KB sectors".

My questions are:

1. Is MK60FN1M0VLQ12 belong to the device with program flash only?

2. If so, the memory table just shows the Block0 and Block1 for it, when is the Block2 and Block3?

3. If not, which specific device is the program flash only device?

Thank you.

-Daniel

1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Daniel,

K60 120MHz product contains only program flash includes four program flash blocks, each block is 256KB.

Customer can looks block 0 and block 1 as page 112 combined block 0, total size is 512KB; block 2 and block 3 as combined block 1, total size is 512KB.

Only combined block 0 and combined block 1 with SWAP function.

I think page 112 figure with insufficient info about Flash block, which need to update.

Sorry for that.

B.R.

Ma Hui

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Daniel,

1. Yes, MK60FN1M0VLQ12 only with program flash. The Kinetis naming rule, the char 'N' means no FlexNVM (only with program Flash); the 'X' means with FlexNVM.

2. Please check Figure 30-2. FTFE block diagram at K60 120MHz reference manual page 747 about four program flash block.

3. For the four program flash block with continuous address, customer can looks at four program flash block as one program flash memory.

Wish it helps.

B.R.

Ma Hui

0 Kudos
danielchai
Senior Contributor I

Hi Ma Hui,

Thank you for your answer.

I read the manual, on page 747, it did show the four program flash block.

But on page 112,  block address range part, in the table, for MK60FN1M0VLQ12, it just shows two blocks: Block0 and Block1.

How is this related to the four blocks on page 747.

Thank you.

-Daniel

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Daniel,

K60 120MHz product contains only program flash includes four program flash blocks, each block is 256KB.

Customer can looks block 0 and block 1 as page 112 combined block 0, total size is 512KB; block 2 and block 3 as combined block 1, total size is 512KB.

Only combined block 0 and combined block 1 with SWAP function.

I think page 112 figure with insufficient info about Flash block, which need to update.

Sorry for that.

B.R.

Ma Hui

danielchai
Senior Contributor I

Hi Ma Hui,

Thank you for clarifying.

-Daniel

0 Kudos