Failed to connect to CPU

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to connect to CPU

amitdhiman
Contributor II

hi i am trying to program FRDM KW36 board with examples given with it with IAR workbench but unfortunately it gives me error "Failed to connect to CPU".

please help 

Tags (1)
7 Replies

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please try the patch fixes some minor issues with the Connectivity Software v1.0.2 when working with the Kinetis BLE Toolbox application for smartphones. Make sure the Connectivity Software version 1.0.2 is installed in your computer before proceeding to install this application.

0 Kudos

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Did you update the OpenSDA firmware for FRDM-KW36:

SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - Downloads - J-Link / J-Trace 

amitdhiman
Contributor II

Hi Fang,

After Flashing the Code , BLE is not connecting with the given App ,

please help me with this. 

0 Kudos

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Amit

Sorry for the late response and I am not sure if your problem still exist or not. Did you mean that "Kinetis BLE Toolbox" app and what error reported ? Did you use the smartphone and what brand?

0 Kudos

amitdhiman
Contributor II

yes the Kinetis BLE Toolbox is searching only but no device is shown.

Following are the steps i have followed:

1.Flashed Blood Pressure Program into Board using Jlink firmware as per your given Link.

have to add --enable_config_write into flash loader settings as per the search in community.

2.after successful writing the program and making board discoverable by pressing switch 2 on board ,the led did work as per the documents given but Kinetis is not able to discover the board.  

0 Kudos

amitdhiman
Contributor II

Hi Fang,

really thankful for your quick reply but after flashing i am unable to connect the BLE in given NXP app.

please help me in this. 

0 Kudos

amitdhiman
Contributor II

Hi Fang 

Sorry for the late reply , actually the firmware i got with the evaluation board for the FRDM-KW36 is CMSIS which is written in the documents itself, and i luckily able to work with the board with changing the CMSIS settings (reset) to hardware from system (default).

0 Kudos