FRM-KL26z USB host: ID pin connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRM-KL26z USB host: ID pin connection

tejainece
Contributor I

I would like to use FRDM-KL26 board as USB host. In the user guide (FRDMKL26ZUG), it says that 

- Jumper J9 shall be connected to get power out of FRDM board in USB host mode

- Resister R8 shall be shorted.

My question is, about shorting R8. I don't see that KL26 uC has a USB0_ID pin. In the FRDM-KL26 board, I don't see that ID pin (TO_USB_ID_TP) is being connected to an USB_ID pin in uC. So, is this even required?

If I connect a USB memory stick on the other side, which will never act as USB host, cant i just manually set USB peripheral in USB host mode?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ravi Reja Gudapati,

When you want to use the FRDM-KL26 USB host, you need to connect ID pin to ground, actually, this pin is used to check the USB is host or the device.

More details about the USB ID pin, you also can google it, the following information is for your reference:

pastedImage_1.png

If you connect a USB memory stick on the other side, which will never act as USB host,  that side ID pin need to float, but KL26 side, you still need to connect ID pin to Ground.

pastedImage_3.png

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos