cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM- STBC-AGMO1

mukeshprasad
Contributor I

Hi,

What are software requirement for using this development board with frdm -k64f  board .

In this two board both have accelrometer and magnetometer sensor chip. how we  can differentiate while programming them individual.

For Eg : It for k64f board or STBC - AGMO1 board IC

Any setting in Tools or in hardware .while in writing code for sensor or program the board.

FRDM-k64f

FRDM-STBC-AGMO1

0 Kudos
4 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi mukesh prasad,

1. About the software, please go to this link and download it:

FXAS21002C FXOS8700C 9-Axis Development Board|NXP

2. sensor identification

Chip's address. with the different external circuit, different sensor have different slave address.

Take on board FXOS8700CQ as an example.

(1) FRDM k64 on board FXOS8700CQ circuit

73.jpg

(2) FRDM STBC AGM01 on board FXOS8700CQ circuit

74.jpg

(3) From the datasheet of FXOS8700CQ

75.jpg

You can get that, FRDM-K64 FXOS8700CQ address is 0X1D, FRDM STBC AGM01FXOS8700CQ address is 0X1E.

Then from the address which the code controlling, you can know which FXOS8700CQ will work.

Wish it helps you

If you still have question, please contact me!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mukeshprasad
Contributor I

Hi,

I made this changes in this board to access the shield board ( FRDM-STBC-AGM01 ) .Any mode change will require in that code ,or we have to keep as it .

Serial pc(USBTX, USBRX);

I2C i2c(PTE25, PTE24);

//FXOS8700Q fxos(i2c, FXOS8700CQ_SLAVE_ADDR1);

//FXOS8700QAccelerometer acc(i2c, FXOS8700CQ_SLAVE_ADDR1);    // Configured for the FRDM-K64F with onboard sensors

//FXOS8700QMagnetometer mag(i2c, FXOS8700CQ_SLAVE_ADDR1);

FXOS8700QAccelerometer acc(i2c, FXOS8700CQ_SLAVE_ADDR0);    //---- Configured for use with the FRDM-MULTI shield

FXOS8700QMagnetometer mag(i2c, FXOS8700CQ_SLAVE_ADDR0);

Regards

Mk

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi MK,

Yes, you just need to modify the I2C address, now do you have the function problem on you side?

Have a great day,
Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

mukeshprasad
Contributor I

Hi,

I made this changes in this board to access the shield board ( FRDM-STBC-AGM01 ) .Any mode change will require in that code ,or we have to keep as it .

Serial pc(USBTX, USBRX);

I2C i2c(PTE25, PTE24);

//FXOS8700Q fxos(i2c, FXOS8700CQ_SLAVE_ADDR1);

//FXOS8700QAccelerometer acc(i2c, FXOS8700CQ_SLAVE_ADDR1);    // Configured for the FRDM-K64F with onboard sensors

//FXOS8700QMagnetometer mag(i2c, FXOS8700CQ_SLAVE_ADDR1);

FXOS8700QAccelerometer acc(i2c, FXOS8700CQ_SLAVE_ADDR0);    //---- Configured for use with the FRDM-MULTI shield

FXOS8700QMagnetometer mag(i2c, FXOS8700CQ_SLAVE_ADDR0);

Regards

Mk

0 Kudos