Precision of Internal RC oscillator of KEA-128?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Precision of Internal RC oscillator of KEA-128?

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

I want to know about the below things:-

1) I want to know the precision of Internal RC oscillator of KEA-128?

2)Per year what will be the time lag generated due to decaying of the Internal RC oscillator?

Please provide us supporting Documents with Screenshots :smileyhappy:

Tags (2)
5 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi VIGNESH BALAJI,

You really create a lot of case about this quesiton.

I already reply in your case:

Thank you for your interest in NXP kinetis product, I would like to provide service for you!

1) I want to know the precision of Internal RC oscillator of KEA-128?

You can find this data in the datasheet

Factory trimmed internal oscillator accuracy : -0.8% ~0.8%

Deviation of IRC over temperature when trimmed at T = 25 °C, VDD = 5 V: -1% ~0.8%

1.jpg

2)Per year what will be the time lag generated due to decaying of the Internal RC oscillator?

We don't have this data now, but if you very care about the clock accuracy, I suggest you use the external crystal which have higher accuracy.

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi Jing,

Ya I can understand that.The Screenshot you have shown is showing T = 125 degree C whereas your answer shows 25 degree C.Can you please clarify on that?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vignesh,

Deviation of IRC over temperature when trimmed at T = 25 °C, VDD = 5 V: -1% ~0.8%, it is trimmed at 25 °C, and when the temperature is changing, the accuracy may have deviation.

Have a great day,
Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi Jing,

1) Do we have IRC Deviation Data over Different Temperatures ???.

2)I want to know how to change Trim value ICS_C3 based o Temperature changes?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi VIGNESH,

1) just have the range as the datasheet has described

2) If you want to do trim, just in 25°C is OK, but take care, the internal IRC is really not very accurate, if you want stable clock in your system, I suggest you choose the external crystal, it will make your system more stable.

Have a great day,
Jingjing

0 Kudos