cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM KV31 GPIO pin configuration

Jump to solution
srihariprasad24
Contributor II

Hi, can anyone explain the GPIO pin configuration. For example, how can I locate PTE0, in lower right corner, there is a pin named PTE0-4. Is that PTE0 or PTE1 or PTE2 or PTE3 or PTE4 or to connect to the same connector for all these GPIOs.

Thanks

hari.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @srihariprasad24 

It is so great to know that was helpful.

Regarding your question, let me see if I understood well, you are trying to use other pins from your mcu like PTA0, PTA1, PTA2, etc. through the pin headers PTA12, PTA13, PTA17, etc.? If my understanding is correct, there is no possibility, the pin headers (J1, J2, J3, J4) and pinout are previously established, with a pin number from your mcu. Sometimes, some pins have more functionalities like I2C, SPI, and not only as GPIO. You can check de Reference Manual from our NXP Portal to realize the alternatives of each pin from the pin headers.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Happy New Year.

Regards.

Pablo Avalos.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @srihariprasad24 

Hoping you are having happy holidays and you find well.

PTE0 in your FRDM-KV31F Development Board (located on the bottom right corner) is related to the physical pin from the mcu MKV31F512VLL12, such as other PTC13, PTE5, PTE1, etc. The number that is shown after the middle dash (-) is the pin identifier from the jumper side (schematic), for example if the jumper is J4, the PTE0 pin on the jumper 4 is equivalent to J4-4.

Hoping the explanation is helpful for you, please let me know if you have more questions.

Best Regards.

Pablo Avalos

srihariprasad24
Contributor II

Hi @PabloAvalos

Thanks, the explanation was helpful.

And I found PTA12, PTA13, PTA17, PTA5 here. I have PTA0, PTA1, PTA2, etc pins in my MKV31F512VLL12 IC. By any chance, can i able use those(PTA0, PTA1, PTA2, etc) gpios or these (PTA12, PTA13, PTA17, PTA5) are the possible pin outs to used using this evaluation board jumpers(J1, J2, J3, J4).

Thanks,

hari

0 Kudos
PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @srihariprasad24 

It is so great to know that was helpful.

Regarding your question, let me see if I understood well, you are trying to use other pins from your mcu like PTA0, PTA1, PTA2, etc. through the pin headers PTA12, PTA13, PTA17, etc.? If my understanding is correct, there is no possibility, the pin headers (J1, J2, J3, J4) and pinout are previously established, with a pin number from your mcu. Sometimes, some pins have more functionalities like I2C, SPI, and not only as GPIO. You can check de Reference Manual from our NXP Portal to realize the alternatives of each pin from the pin headers.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Happy New Year.

Regards.

Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos
srihariprasad24
Contributor II

Hi @PabloAvalos 

Thank you, it was clear and helpful.

Thanks & Happy new year,

hari.

0 Kudos