cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL26Z & Segger UART problem

Jump to solution
eyaldoron
Contributor II

I have a FRDM-KL26Z board, flashed with the latest Segger JLink software, and I can't get the UART0 receive to work. Measuring with a DVM, I see that the designated RX pin (PTA1) is floating, meaning that the debugger chip is not driving the pin. The transmit direction, on the other hand, is working fine.

I can pull up the pin in the KL26, however it is still not being driven by the debugger. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Eyal Doron

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eyal,

Flashed with the latest Segger JLink software(13_OpenSDA_FRDM-KL26Z.bin).
Test the "hello_world_freedom.srec" on FRDM-KL26Z REVB, the virtual COM port can send and receive message.

latest Segger JLink software.png

virtual COM port test.png

flash hello_world_freedom.png

test hello_world_freedom.png

You can test that example, I have attached "hello_world_freedom.srec" and "13_OpenSDA_FRDM-KL26Z.bin".
If UART0 receive still didn't work, you may need to check the UART1_RX_TGTMCU signal. Make sure the PTA1(Pin23) of KL26 is well connect to PTC4(Pin25) of PK20DX128VFM5.

PTA1 UART0_RX FRDM-KL26Z.png

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eyal,

Flashed with the latest Segger JLink software(13_OpenSDA_FRDM-KL26Z.bin).
Test the "hello_world_freedom.srec" on FRDM-KL26Z REVB, the virtual COM port can send and receive message.

latest Segger JLink software.png

virtual COM port test.png

flash hello_world_freedom.png

test hello_world_freedom.png

You can test that example, I have attached "hello_world_freedom.srec" and "13_OpenSDA_FRDM-KL26Z.bin".
If UART0 receive still didn't work, you may need to check the UART1_RX_TGTMCU signal. Make sure the PTA1(Pin23) of KL26 is well connect to PTC4(Pin25) of PK20DX128VFM5.

PTA1 UART0_RX FRDM-KL26Z.png

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos