cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL05Z cannot be recognized by computer

Jump to solution
zz642040273
Contributor II

I used Win10 with a new FRDM-KL05Z, after I install the PEMicro driver and connect the board.

The board can be recognized as  openSDA -CDC serial Port and and it appeared as a disk named KL05Z or bootloader. However, I cannot open it or drag anything into it.

After a moment the driver disappeared and the PEMicro openSDA device disappeared and becomes Unknown USB device with code 43.

Anyone can help me on this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
zz642040273
Contributor II

Problem fixed.

Install a Win7 virtual machine and connect the board to your computer. Win7 virtual machine are able to recognize the board.

Update the bootloader and firmware to the newest version from http://www.pemicro.com/opensda/. Then the Win10 host OS are able to recognize the board. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
zz642040273
Contributor II

Problem fixed.

Install a Win7 virtual machine and connect the board to your computer. Win7 virtual machine are able to recognize the board.

Update the bootloader and firmware to the newest version from http://www.pemicro.com/opensda/. Then the Win10 host OS are able to recognize the board. 

0 Kudos
zz642040273
Contributor II

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply.

However, when I plugged with bootloader mode, the same happened and I cannot drag anything into it and later on it became unrecognized:(

Best,

Z

0 Kudos
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The final method is update your bootloader and firmware. You need an external jlink debugger. And follow the attachment.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The firmware of PE always generate many problems. So we do not use it in common.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
zz642040273
Contributor II

So what we normally used and is there any other approach to fix the problem?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Updating the bootloader is the only way to fix the problem. We use jlink and daplink firmware. They are more stable than PE mirco.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
zz642040273
Contributor II

Thanks!

So, If I don't use the PEMicro firmare, do i need to install the PE drive? 

And if I use DAPLINK firmware, do I need to install any other driver?

Best,

Zheng

0 Kudos
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Both firmware need the driver. I suggest you use jlink firmware. 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
zz642040273
Contributor II

Thank you very much! 

However, I would like to know is this the fault of the bootloader and firmware of this board itself or all KL05Z board? In other word, may this be fixed if i buy a new board?

Also, How do I connect Jlink with KL05Z?

Z

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Hold the reset and then power on. Do you see the disk named 'bootloader'? Then try to download the pemiro firmware and drag it to the disk.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos