Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KE06Z extern processor KE04

Jump to solution
gabrielcamargo
Contributor I

hello everyone,

I'm using the FRDM-KE06Z to program an external processor. in NXP web site, shows that this freedom board supports KE04. like the picture below.pastedImage_1.png

When i try to program my MCU, the 17926 error happens,

pastedImage_2.png

My question is simple, could this board FRDM-KE06 program an extern KE04 processor? 

note: i've removed the Resistor R58 SWD_CLK. 

thank you my friends.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi GABRIEL CAMARGO,

Please change your FRDM-KE06Z on board debugger to JLINK, then debug your KE04 again.

The JLINK firmware can be found from this link:

SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - Downloads 

About how to change the on board debugger firmware, please refer to this link:

OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter | NXP 

But please note, the FRDM-KE06 JLINK firmware have this limit:

1. The firmware is only to be used with Freescale target devices. Using it with other devices is prohibited and illegal.
  2. The firmware is for use with evaluation boards only. It is not for use with custom hardware.
  3. The firmware may only be used for development and/or evaluation purposes. It may not be used for production purposes.
  4. The firmware is made available without any warranty and without support.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi GABRIEL CAMARGO,

Please change your FRDM-KE06Z on board debugger to JLINK, then debug your KE04 again.

The JLINK firmware can be found from this link:

SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - Downloads 

About how to change the on board debugger firmware, please refer to this link:

OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter | NXP 

But please note, the FRDM-KE06 JLINK firmware have this limit:

1. The firmware is only to be used with Freescale target devices. Using it with other devices is prohibited and illegal.
  2. The firmware is for use with evaluation boards only. It is not for use with custom hardware.
  3. The firmware may only be used for development and/or evaluation purposes. It may not be used for production purposes.
  4. The firmware is made available without any warranty and without support.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

gabrielcamargo
Contributor I

Thank you Kerry Zhou,

I followed these steps above and now i can debug my KE04 processor by J-link.

Have a great day,
Gabriel

0 Kudos