Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K64F and codewarrior

Jump to solution
hugosampaio
Contributor II

Hi,

Can someone explain me how to compile the MQX for K64F on CW 10.5 and debug it without using other tools?

Actually, I' ve updated CW10.5 and it's building the code, but now i'm trying to debug a "hello world" and don't matter what I do, CW can't find K64F.

K64F has that openSDA v2 and CW would be able to do its job, right?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is now the Segger firmware available for OpenSDAv2, see Segger J-Link Firmware for OpenSDAv2 | MCU on Eclipse

Additionally, the latest USBDM firmware supports now OpenSDAv2 as well: USBDM: USBDM-FRDM - USBDM Debugger based on Freescale FRDM-xxxx board

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is now the Segger firmware available for OpenSDAv2, see Segger J-Link Firmware for OpenSDAv2 | MCU on Eclipse

Additionally, the latest USBDM firmware supports now OpenSDAv2 as well: USBDM: USBDM-FRDM - USBDM Debugger based on Freescale FRDM-xxxx board

0 Kudos
nghianguyen_pif
Contributor I

Hi! Could you give me some advice about using Ethernet module in FRDM-K64F board? I'm stuck at the idea! Thank you!

Also, I join in MountainMondays

0 Kudos
monicavelez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you to everyone who has participated in the past five weeks of #MountainMondays – we’ve finally reached the summit of K2! Your energy, inventiveness and contributions have all been fantastic. Congratulations to this week’s winners! If your name is on this list, please email your shipping address to R65638 @ freescale.com.

Evangelia Karagianni

Shady Trần

Kasia Michalowska

Nghia Nguyen

Saudin Dizdarevic

Navin Bhaskar

0 Kudos
navin_b
Contributor I

I would like to know if there is support for GCC+MQX RTOS on FRDM-K64F? While at it, let me participate in #MountainMondays

0 Kudos
sdizdarevic
Contributor I

I would like to know is there a way to debug FRDM-K64F using gnu debugger (gnu-dbg). Please count me in too in the Mountain Mondays contest mountainmondays. #mountainmondays #MountainMondays: The FRDM-K64F Development Platform Giveaway

0 Kudos
hugosampaio
Contributor II

Hi jorge,

Thanks for answering!

I tried this procedure but i could paste the file. The file is bigger than the bootloader device. Should I do something before? Paste other file to upgrade or something like that?

Thanks.

Jorge_Gonzalez <admin@community.freescale.com> escreveu:

>

> 

>

>FRDM-K64F and codewarrior

>reply from Jorge_Gonzalez in Kinetis Microcontrollers - View the full discussion

>Hello Hugo:

>

>By default the FRDM-K64F comes preloaded with CMSIS-DAP MSD bootloader (mbed). With this you cannot debug the K64 target MCU. You need to load the P&E Micro MSD + Debug application. Follow these steps:

>

>    1) Go to www.pemicro.com/opensda and download the "Firmware apps".

>    2) From the zip file, extract the file called "MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-K64F_Pemicro_v114.SDA".

>    3) Disconnect your board from any power.

>    4) Press and hold the reset button in FRDM-K64F.

>    5) Connect a USB cable from your PC to the microUSB OpenSDAv2 connector (the one closest to reset button). A "BOOTLOADER" volume should appear in your computer.

>    6) Release the reset button.

>    7) Now just drag and drop the .SDA file from step (2) to the BOOTLOADER volume and wait for the copying process to finish.

>

>After this, unplug and plug the USB cable again and you will be able to debug your project.

>

>Hope this solves the issue!

>

>Regards!,

>Jorge Gonzalez

>

>

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Well, it is not that simple. The OpenSDAv2 is incompatible with the OpenSDAv1 (e.g. present on the FRDM-KL25Z).

So loading a .SDA file on the FRDM-K64F does not work: you would need a different firmware file (.BIN file).

There are a few options how you can debug a FRDM-K64F with CodeWarrior, outlined in http://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/04/20/using-the-frdm-k64f-with-codewarrior/

I hope this helps,

Erich

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks a lot for clarifying Erich. I remember doing the same with a TWR-K64F and it worked, but I was not aware about the change with FRDM-K64F. I deleted my response so no one else tries that.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos