cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K64F No USB CMSIS DAP port

steven_keeter
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm trying to get a FRDM-K64 board connected to IAR Workbench or MCU Expresso and I see in the device manager ( Windows 10) an embed composite device in the USB section but there is not an instantiated com port .  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers etc.... and no luck.  Can someone please advise how to get the com port instantiated so the IDEs will have access to the MCU?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies

steven_keeter
Contributor I

Hello,  I am making some progress with this very confusing array of firmware, etc...  I found that if I get BOOTLOADER to show as a mass storage drive then I can drag'n-drop some binaries to it.  This is  the only one that will cause the FRDM board to show the FRDM drive and have a com port enumerate with device manager (k20dx_frdmk64f_if_crc_legacy_0x5000.bin).  Then after that it appears to be magically configured, but when I run MCUExpresso debug it recognizes the DAP link; however, I get this error .message  0 available SWD Devices detected.
Connect a device and try again.  I verified the debugger is set to link-server and SWD, but does not work.  Can anyone describe how to get MCUexpresso to debug this board after the COM port is enumerated and recognized as a DAP connection? 

Thanks

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Steven,

I will send you  my recommendations on the ticket that you created.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards, Diego

0 Kudos