Error: Cannot access device, device is secured

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Cannot access device, device is secured

earivas
Contributor I

Good morning, I am try to program a MK222FN512 microcontroller mounted on a PCB by means of the OpenSDA interface of a FRDM-K22F development platform.

I have been using this microcontroller with no problems, but suddenly a debug session froze and when restarting, I am not able to debug again, and I always get the error in the title. I am using the GDB OpenOCD Debugging configuration, and I found no way to do a mass erase.

Additionally, I have succesfully rebooted the microcontroller using BOOTLOADER file k20dx128_bootloader_v21_0x8000.bin, but I always get the same error message when trying to debug.

Is there any way I can do a hard reset of the flash memory?

Thanks and best regards!

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please refer below thread about how to unlock Kinetis chip:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/439921?commentID=857127#comment-857127 

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

earivas
Contributor I

Hi,

thanks for your kind response.

I had already checked that thread, but the problem is that I am programming the micro via OpenOCD through the SWD connection, I am not using J-link programmer...

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Unfortunately, we don't have the Open OCD debugger tool.

Could you check with the OpenOCD ? If any engineer has experience to use OpenOCD unlock Kinetis chip.

Thanks.

best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

earivas
Contributor I

Will try. Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos