cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EA 24-bit SPI

rmaier
Contributor III

Hello,

Is it possible to work with 24-bit words via the SPI port on the KEA64? I am able to read 24-bits no problem, but when I send, there is always a clock cycle break between bytes.

If this is possible, then I will try harder.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Robert,

It's easy to realize it, just don't use the hardware SPI SSEL function.

Use the GPIO function instead of the hardware SPI ssel function.

You can configure C2[MODFEN] as 0:

pastedImage_1.png

Or you also can use the other GPIO pin as the SSEL pin.

Before your send the SPI data, pull the SSEL low at first, after the SPI data send finished, then pull the SSEL high.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

rmaier
Contributor III

Kerry,

Thanks for the sanity check. I was able to make it work. Now, I just can't clear any faults on the slave. It looks like the message is sent nicely on the oscilloscope. The Kinetis is working just fine, I think I need to sort out some things on the slave side.

Thanks again,

Robert

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Robert,

Do you use both the KEA as SPI master and slave?

In the Slave side, please enable the SSEL function, don't do it like master.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos