Does MKE18F512VLH16 Support P Flash Firmware Swapping?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does MKE18F512VLH16 Support P Flash Firmware Swapping?

sean_dvorscak
Contributor III

I want to take advantage of the P Flash swapping mechanism that is mentioned in AN4533(Robust Over-the-Air Firmware Updates Using Program FlashMemory Swap on Kinetis Microcontrollers).  I found this App Note from section 17.7 of the KE1xF manual, which leads me to believe that the MKE18F512VLH16 supports this.

Reading through the app note, it says that a device needs to have at least two P Flash blocks, and swapping capabilities.  The KE1xF manual mentions that the device has 2 256KB blocks in section 13.2.2.

However looking at the PFLSH field in the FTFE_FCNFG register, it says that the only FTFE configuration that you can have is to support one program flash block and one FlexNVM block.

pastedImage_1.png

I am very confused as to why the manual would reference this app note if I did not even have the ability to do this in the first place.  I also do not see the FTFE FCCOB0 command for swapping (0x46) in the KE1xF manual.

I am just looking for some clarification on whether the MKE18F512VLH16 supports P Flash swapping.  I have two P Flash blocks, and the reference manual refers to this app note.  However, I can only support one P Flash block, and have no reference to the command in the manual.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sean,

As you mention, this application note shouldn't be there. For example, if you check the reference manual from the K24 this has a Swap Control command that it's mention in this application note.

I will report this to the applications team.

Best Regards,
Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos