cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging FNET on K60, it initialises but doesn't respond to ping

Jump to solution
OliverSedlacek
Contributor III

I've added FNET to my MK60FN1M0VMD120 board and it compiles with IAR and runs through its initialisation. My problem is that I can't ping my target and I've got no idea how to debug it. Can anyone tell me where to start?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
1 Solution
OliverSedlacek
Contributor III

None of the MK60N512 demos run on the MK60FN1M0 because Freescale chose to change the MCG module. If you use MK60N512 MCG configuration code the processor will hang in the initialisation section.

I've fixed my problem now, which turned out to be in the configuration of the K60 MAC to Phy interface. My target uses the MII mode instead of the RMII mode. I've now got ping and telnet working (more or less) so I'm very happy.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Oliver,

Have you tried FNET provided example demo, such as <shell> demo?

I could use this demo run at TWR-K60N512 board, then use PC can ping the TWR-K60N512 board.

It need to config both TWR-K60N512 board and PC in same network IP segment.

Wish it helps.

0 Kudos
OliverSedlacek
Contributor III

None of the MK60N512 demos run on the MK60FN1M0 because Freescale chose to change the MCG module. If you use MK60N512 MCG configuration code the processor will hang in the initialisation section.

I've fixed my problem now, which turned out to be in the configuration of the K60 MAC to Phy interface. My target uses the MII mode instead of the RMII mode. I've now got ping and telnet working (more or less) so I'm very happy.

M_Grillo
Contributor III

Hello,

What did you have to change in sysinit() or start.c in FNET 2.6.1 to get the boot application to run on the TWR-K60F120M?

Is there or is there going to be any support for FNET on the TWR-K60F120M?

Any pointers would much be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
OliverSedlacek
Contributor III

The crucial line is in mcg.c where I had to change

MCG_C5 = MCG_C5_PRDIV(0x18);

to

MCG_C5 = MCG_C5_PRDIV(1);

My hardware has a 25MHz external oscillator and this change keeps the PLL happy.

0 Kudos