Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compile CDC VCOM example

Jump to solution
raduansarif
Contributor I

Hello,

To transfer, data through USB, I want to compile the CDC Vcom example from MKL27Z SDK.

I don't understand how the output would be, I tried to debug this example code. I don't get any results.

Is there anyone who can give me some guidance to run this code? Thanks to everyone.

MCU: MKL27Z64LH4, IDE: MCUxpresso IDE, windows 10, I2C sensor communication

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @raduansarif ,

The CDC_VCOM example need a COM port terminal on computer. When you type any character in the terminal, the CDC_VCOM firmware can receive the character and send it back to the terminal. There is a pdf readme in example folder. You can refer to it.

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @raduansarif ,

The CDC_VCOM example need a COM port terminal on computer. When you type any character in the terminal, the CDC_VCOM firmware can receive the character and send it back to the terminal. There is a pdf readme in example folder. You can refer to it.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
raduansarif
Contributor I

Hello, Thank you for your response.

I try to manually install the CDC-USB driver in my PC from this file (frdmkl27z_dev_cdc_vcom_bm\usb\example\usb_device_cdc_vcom\inf) but my computer reply this doesn't contain any file.

How I manually install the Virtual COM Port on my computer.

Also, the MKL27Z SDK readme file shows some links for CDC_VCOM_BM, How I will get the readme PDF file.  

Thank You

Raduan

0 Kudos