cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparitor minimum pulse width on a K65

Jump to solution
therealfreegeek
Contributor IV

I am thinking about using the K64 to count pulses from a muon detector, the pulse will be 5 to 10nS wide, I will use the on chip comparator to feed the timers. Will I need to stretch the pulses to trigger the timer count and input capture inputs?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi therealfreegeek,

Please see the datasheet find the comparator minimum pulse width.

57.jpg

So, you must keep the pulse typically in 50 ns,  5ns-10ns is really very small, internal comparator can't realize it, please choose the external comparator.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please contact me!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi therealfreegeek,

Please see the datasheet find the comparator minimum pulse width.

57.jpg

So, you must keep the pulse typically in 50 ns,  5ns-10ns is really very small, internal comparator can't realize it, please choose the external comparator.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please contact me!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
therealfreegeek
Contributor IV

Thanks, I will use an external fast comparator / monostable like the LM1711.

0 Kudos