Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i add components to FRDM_KL25Z?

Jump to solution
mohamedmajdeb
Contributor II

Hi everybody
please can i add others components (sensors) to the FRDM_KL25Z from her pins?

thank you :smileyhappy:

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
santiago_lopez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mohamed,

Of course you can, You can communicate with the sensors using the serial communication pins (SPI, I2C, UART) or GPIOs available in the FRDM KL25 by connecting directly using wires or by acquiring a sensor expansion board (FRDM-FXS-MULTI: Freescale Freedom Development Platform for Multiple Xtrinsic Sensors).

Saludos

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
mohamedmajdeb
Contributor II

can i connect the sensor directly using wires from the pins (PTA,PTB,....) ?

0 Kudos
santiago_lopez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, just make sure to connect the FRDM pins to the appropiate sensor pins, for example, if you will use SPI, make sure to connect the SPI_CLK line in the Freedom to the SPI_CLK line in the sensor. Also make sure that the sensor is properly powered.

mohamedmajdeb
Contributor II

please can you give me the maximum dimension of the race car (length, width and height)

Thank you :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mohamed:

I think Santiago got your question wrong as you did not explained yourself. He is talking about the FRDM-KL25Z board in general as a development board. His answer has nothing to do with the Freescale Cup's rules. From your last comment ("race car") I assume you are participating in Freescale Cup. All the regarding information can be found in the next dedicated community page:

The Freescale Cup Knowledge Center

And if you do not find your answers already posted, at the bottom of that same page you will find links to specific region teams, so you can post all your new questions in there.

Hope my reply helps clarifying.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos
mohamedmajdeb
Contributor II

thank you Jorge :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
mohamedmajdeb
Contributor II

thank you Santiago :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
santiago_lopez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mohamed,

Of course you can, You can communicate with the sensors using the serial communication pins (SPI, I2C, UART) or GPIOs available in the FRDM KL25 by connecting directly using wires or by acquiring a sensor expansion board (FRDM-FXS-MULTI: Freescale Freedom Development Platform for Multiple Xtrinsic Sensors).

Saludos

0 Kudos