Can Run Spi Flash Memory IC with SD_Card component in MCUonelipse ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Run Spi Flash Memory IC with SD_Card component in MCUonelipse ?

Jump to solution
afdasdfas
Contributor II

Hi all

I use KL25Z board, with have SPI Flash Memory ( Do not install ). I use Fat_FileSystem component for Professor Expert from website MCUonelipse , and memory require of Fat_FileSystem is SD Card .

. So i I attend that :

1. Add SD_Card component for Professor Expert from MCUonelipse in Fat_FileSystem .

2. install IC Flash memory in KL25Zboard.

3. The Pin which connect to SD_Card, i will use to connect to IC Flash memory

4. And i will run function : SD_Card read from SD_Card component .

Does IC Flash Memory can replace SD_Card ?

Thank you

Phuong

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Phuong,

That unpopulated EEPROM is not connected to the KL25Z: it is connected to the pins of the K20 (OpenSDA chip). So for sure you would need to make hardware modifications to access it from the KL25Z.

But more important: an EEPROM or external FLASH chip has a completly different protocol and command set compared to an SD card. So you cannot swap in an EEPROM instead of an SD card without software/driver modifications. Yes, it is very possible to implement a FatFS driver using an external EEPROM, and the FatFS driver API supports multiple 'memory' types.

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Phuong,

That unpopulated EEPROM is not connected to the KL25Z: it is connected to the pins of the K20 (OpenSDA chip). So for sure you would need to make hardware modifications to access it from the KL25Z.

But more important: an EEPROM or external FLASH chip has a completly different protocol and command set compared to an SD card. So you cannot swap in an EEPROM instead of an SD card without software/driver modifications. Yes, it is very possible to implement a FatFS driver using an external EEPROM, and the FatFS driver API supports multiple 'memory' types.

Erich

0 Kudos
afdasdfas
Contributor II

Hi Erich

Yes. I have a mistake, Flash IC is not connected to MCU  MKL25Z of board. now i change to use SD card for FATFS .Thank you.

Phuong

0 Kudos