cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader for MK22FN512VLL12 and LPC54608J512BD208

prasannanaik
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using MK22FN512VLL12  and LPC54608J512BD208 in two different projects. I want to understand the bootloading process in both of these microcontrollers. I want to use Uart/USART port for bootloading.

If possible please share reference code as well.

Thanks and best regards,

Prasanna

Labels (1)
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Prasanna Naik ,

MK22FN512VLL12  can download the according SDK, and in the middleware, select the KBOOT, then you will find the flash bootloader code.

pastedImage_2.png

More details about the KBOOT, you can refer to the document in this link:

MCU Bootloader | NXP 

About the LPC LPC54608J512BD208 , actually, this chip already have the on chip ISP function for UART, you can refer to the chip user manual:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=UM10912 

Chapter 5: LPC546xx ISP and IAP

Wish it helps you!

Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

prasannanaik
Contributor III

Hi kerryzhou‌,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have gone through both the links sent by you but i have a different problem.

In my product,  i do not have access to isp lines/ reset line after product has been shipped but i do have access to one of the uart port. I have used a uart to usb converter in my application so i can access uart port of both the controllers (MK22FN512VLL12 and LPC54608J512BD208 microcontroller are used in different products). Is there any way to program both the controllers through uart port only?

Thanks and best regards,

Prasanna

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Prasanna Naik,

As I know, both MK22FN512VLL12 and LPC54608J512BD208  support the uart program, MK22FN512VLL12 need to download the flash bootloader at first.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.