Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot ROM to support encrypted firmware updates

Jump to solution
PranayJoshi
Contributor I

Hello,

1. Kinetis® K8x MCU Family has the security feature "Boot ROM to support encrypted firmware updates", can you please provide a document to implement this feature into our application.

2. Also want to know that, we are going to use MQX RTOS for application development, in that case, are we able to use "Boot ROM to support encrypted firmware updates" feature?

Thanks

Pranay Joshi

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @PranayJoshi 

Thanks a lot for your reply too/

The cost of new MQX v.5. you can find it right here by clicking on "buy options":

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/embedded-software/mqx-software-solutions/mqx-v5-software-solutio...

And then you can request it if you need it.

Please let me know if you have more questions, otherwise, please mark this reply as solution, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Sincerely,
Pablo Avalos.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @PranayJoshi 

First of all, please accept my apologies for late response. We have some backlog with the requests. I truly appreciate that you were so patient.

I will be who is going to assist you with the support, so regarding your first question, it does exist, but it is below a NDA in our website, You may refer to this webpage where you will be able to download the reference manual below NDA by logging in in your account and contacting your FAE:

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-microcontrollers/general-purpose-mc...

*Note that this one is the secure reference manual for K81 mcu*

For your second question, the answer is yes, it is supported, but MQX v4.2 is no longer available and superseded by v5. (MQX v5 has a high cost) so I would like to suggest you to use FreeRTOS, due all of our examples based on RTOS from the SDK are developed on FreeRTOS.

Please let me know your comments or questions, it will be a pleasure to continue assisting you.

Best Regards.
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos
PranayJoshi
Contributor I

It's Ok and thanks for your reply.

What will be the cost of the new version of MQX and how can we have it?

0 Kudos
PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @PranayJoshi 

Thanks a lot for your reply too/

The cost of new MQX v.5. you can find it right here by clicking on "buy options":

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/embedded-software/mqx-software-solutions/mqx-v5-software-solutio...

And then you can request it if you need it.

Please let me know if you have more questions, otherwise, please mark this reply as solution, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Sincerely,
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos