Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the FRDM-KL25Z design package

Jump to solution
luisgallegos
Contributor III

Hello everyone.

I was wondering, has anyone found the FRDM-KL25Z Design Package?

The FRDM-KL25Z Quick Start Guide lists that zip file as part of the additional reference documents available on the FRDM-KL25Z web page on Freescale, www.freescale.com/FRDM-KL25Z, and it says that it's a "zip file containing all design source files for the FRDM-KL25Z hardware". However, I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

I've only found the pdf with the schematics. I'd like to have the design files as I find it easier to understand and follow the schematics, being able to select lines and components.

Hope someone has found it and could post a link.

Thanks.

1 Solution
rogerzhong
Contributor III

Hi Luis,

Yes, you can download the hardware design source file of FRDM-KL25Z including PCB file at the following link,

FRDM-KL25Z Product Summary Page

Select the Downloads option.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
eduardo_viramon
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Luis, the downloads tab has a couple of resources:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=FRDM-KL25Z&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Ta...

Source code with several sample projects:

KL25_SC: FRDM-KL25Z Sample Code Package.

Binary file both to reflash the OpenSDA with debug or mass storage bootloader applications as well as binary applications for the KL25:

FRDM-KL25Z_QSP: FRDM-KL25Z Quick start package.

0 Kudos
luisgallegos
Contributor III

Yeah.

I looked over those links and downloaded all those files before, but there was no hardware design package.

Thanks anyway.

Anyone else?

0 Kudos
sNilesh
Contributor III
0 Kudos
luisgallegos
Contributor III

Hello Nilesh.

Those are mostly code examples.

I am looking for the schematic or PCB source files. I understood that's what the package included and that it was available.

Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Smiffytech
Contributor III

Luis - Element14 has the schematics:

Freescale: Schematics for the Kinetis KL25Z Freedom Board - element14

Unfortunately, you get a really annoying pop-up that makes you log in/register before you can get at them. But there is a PDF of the schematic, once you get through that.

I think there's actually more information on the Freedom Board on the Element14 site than there is at Freescale, as I believe this was a joint project.

luisgallegos
Contributor III

Hello, Matthew.

I downloaded that schematics PDF already.

Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
rogerzhong
Contributor III

Hi Luis,

Yes, you can download the hardware design source file of FRDM-KL25Z including PCB file at the following link,

FRDM-KL25Z Product Summary Page

Select the Downloads option.

0 Kudos
luisgallegos
Contributor III

Hello Roger.

Thanks for the link. That's what I was looking for.

It's too bad they're only available in OrCad/Allegro formats, and not in some more open software like EAGLE or DesignSpark.

JoseRamon
Contributor I

Hi Luis,

In Freescale´s training resources there is a link which includes a 25 minutes video, and links to schematics and source code that can be imported to Codewarrior 10.3:

"Kinetis L Series Tutorial - Touch-Sensing with Processor Expert".

Example Project Code

FRDM-KL25Z only includes object code.

0 Kudos