Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About KM34Z256VLL7 AFE pins input range

Jump to solution
jeff-jianfeng_l
Contributor II

Hi

I'm using KM34Z256VLL7 in my design, the datasheet describe as follow, and I have some questions to check:

1. Is the full operating voltage range 2.7V~3.3V or -2.7V~3.3V.

2. I know the AFE inputs is 1Vpp differential and 0.5Vpp single ended ,if over the range the ADC result will be saturated, but I can't find the maxium and minimum input range about the AFE pins, if my input voltage is -2V~3.3V,will the AFE module be damaged.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Jeff,

1)if the SDADMx pin is clamped to 0.5V, what is the input range of SDADPx pin?

>>>>The input range of SDADPx pin is from GND to 1V.

2)here are external signals input to SDADMx and SDADPx pins for sampling, the protection is necessary.

My question is what is the absolute negative voltage of these pins? Are the acceptable input voltage range -2.7V~3.3V?

>>>>>>Generally, there is internal diode which protect the ADC converter if the ananlog pin voltage exceeds the rating range, but the current should be less than 3mA.

If you input -2.7V for the ananlog pin with 1K serial resistor, I think it is okay, the chip can not be damaged.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jeff-jianfeng_l
Contributor II

OK!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Jeff,

I think the RM of KM family is confused, I will clarify it. Note that the SDADC only supports differential mode, the common voltage is from 0~0.8V, the P to P voltage is +/-0.5V in differential mode.

It is regarded as single ended mode if you connect the ADADMx to GND, but in the case, you have to use the differential mode regulation. The peak to peak voltage is +/-0.5V, the common voltage is from 0V to 0.8V. Because the P-P voltage is 0.5V, and SDADMx pin is clamped to GND, you can input 0V to 0.5V to SDADPx pin considering the common voltage is 0~0.8V. If the SDADPx pin is 0.25V, the SDADMx pin can be -0.25V.

the LSB is 1V/2**(24) so that you can calculate the volatge based on digital sample.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos
jeff-jianfeng_l
Contributor II

Hi Rong

There are external signals input to SDADMx and SDADPx pins for sampling, the protection is necessary.

My question is what is the absolute negative voltage of these pins? Are the acceptable input voltage range -2.7V~3.3V? (of course i know the valid samping voltage is +/-250mV).

Another question is about the CM reference voltage 0~0.8V, if the SDADMx pin is clamped to 0.5V, what is the input range of SDADPx pin? --> 0.5V~1.3V? OR 0.5V~0.8V? OR 0.3~0.8V?

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Jeff,

1)if the SDADMx pin is clamped to 0.5V, what is the input range of SDADPx pin?

>>>>The input range of SDADPx pin is from GND to 1V.

2)here are external signals input to SDADMx and SDADPx pins for sampling, the protection is necessary.

My question is what is the absolute negative voltage of these pins? Are the acceptable input voltage range -2.7V~3.3V?

>>>>>>Generally, there is internal diode which protect the ADC converter if the ananlog pin voltage exceeds the rating range, but the current should be less than 3mA.

If you input -2.7V for the ananlog pin with 1K serial resistor, I think it is okay, the chip can not be damaged.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos