cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC value when input is less than 0V

Jump to solution
williamely
Contributor IV

In my design I have an ADC single ended input that may experience a voltage as low as -0.1V with respect to the analog Vss. I need to know what the conversion result will be in this case.

Is it 0?

Is it undefined?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi William Ely,

It will read 0 when -0.1V connect the input pin if VSS is 0V, however I'd highly recommend that the range of the analog input voltage should within Vrefl~Vrefh.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi William Ely,

It will read 0 when -0.1V connect the input pin if VSS is 0V, however I'd highly recommend that the range of the analog input voltage should within Vrefl~Vrefh.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!